Thursday, December 1, 2011

How Time Flows

How many albums have you finished? How many are you working on right now? I just finished a scrapbook filled with pictures taken by my 3year old son. He turned 4 November 14th. It feels fantastic to finish an album. I am currently working on 2. One for my 4 year old and one for my 1 year old. In scrapbooking; time flows differently. I am working on my first child's 3rd scrapbook. In real time he is 4; in scrapbooking time he is one and a half. I am also working on my second child's 1st scrapbook. We are celebrating his first Christmas; he is 3 months old in the scrapbook. In real life he is 14 months old.
Confused yet?
I scrapbook in chronological order. I have 2 scrapbooks so that both my children have something. I don't want to "fall behind" and have my older son have many finished scrapbooks and my youngest not have any. So I bounce back and forth between their two scrapbooks. I am lucky that I am only 3 years "behind" I try to scrapbook every week for a few hours. I have thousands of pictures I would love to do but I am realistic and I am working on what is most important. Now that I have finished one album I am going to start on another one and still have 3 that I am working on at the same time. I cheat though. The 3rd album I am going to start I am using the pre-desgined pages. The album has been purchased and pictures printed I just haven't started it yet. It is of last summer when I went on vacation.
The point is not to worry about how many pictures you have or how far behind you are. The point is that you are doing it. It doesn't matter if you scrapbook every day or if you do it once a month or a few times a year. The point is that you are creating a treasure. My son is  4 years old and he already loves his scrapbooks.
Scrapbooking is just a way of telling your story. Time flows differently in your scrapbooks. Its your choice how. You can have one album cover 30 years or one album cover a week. Its your choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment